The UK Professional Pole Championships are committed to protecting the information about you that we collect, store, and use when you provide it through judge applications, competitor applications, sponsorships and stall holding or ticket purchasing or volunterring purposes.
We uphold your rights to privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are compliant with its requirements in respect of the collection, management, and disclosure of your personal information. If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so. However, some information is required if you wish to be involved in The UKPPC in any capacity.
What is your personal information?
What information we collect and why?
The UKPPC may collect the following personal information from you:
- Current mailing or residential address;
- Email address;
- Contact telephone number;
- Age or birth date; and
- Profession or occupation.
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To assess if you are eligible to apply as a judge;
- To assess if you are eligible to apple as a competitor;
- To assess if you are eligible for subsidised entry to the competition or stall in the marketplace; or
- To know your personal information to contact you in regards to judging, competing, subsidised applications, sponsoring, stall holders spectating or volunteering.
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- Through applications forms that you personally complete using the Forminator WordPress plugin;
- When purchasing a ticket or sponsorship package;
- During conversations between you and our employees;
- When you ask to be placed on one of our subscription/mailing lists; or.
- When completing the contact form via our website, using the Forminator WordPress plugin.
How do we store your information?
Your personal information is kept online and will be securely stored via those listed below. The following systems have their own GDPR policies, which you can view below.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, email, Facebook messenger, SMS, Whatsapp. At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our subscription/mailing list.
Our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by Law to retain it (whichever is the later).
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.