UKPPC 2020 Rules and Regulations
The Video Round
- Entries must be submitted between 1st May 2020 and 26th July 2020
- Click here to see the entry form
- Entries cost £30, payable when the online application form is submitted
- Application fee is non-refundable.
- Payment and completion of entry form will reserve your space for the video round. The video audition may be sent at a later date provided we receive it before end of play on the 26th July 2020.
- Entrants must be over 18 at the time of entry.
- Competitors must be residents of the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- No additional fees will be requested from competitors at any stage of the competition.
- Entrants may be of any gender or sex.
- Entrants must make themselves aware of all UKPPC terms and conditions prior to entry
- Entrants must be professional pole dancers (i.e. an instructor or professional performer)
- If a competitor has been found to have entered the wrong category, this may result in disqualification.
- Competitors in all categories must be able to attend the Grand Final on the 14th November 2020 if selected.
- If any information supplied in connection with an application is found to be false or inaccurate, you will be moved to the correct category.
Video Entry Requirements
- Videos must be submitted via YouTube, Vimeo or similar.
- Links must be emailed to email@example.com by end of play 26th July 2020
- Ensure that videos are not set to “private”
- Videos must have been filmed after 1st May 2019
- Routines must be filmed on one static pole and one spinning pole. The type of pole used for the video submission is not standardised.
- Videos must be filmed as one continuous piece. Exceptions may be made for previous competition footage where there is no doubt that the performance was one continuous piece. Please check with the UKPPC team prior to submission.
- No editing, zooming, or panning is permitted. Exceptions may be made for previous competition footage where there is no doubt that the performance was one continuous piece. Please check with the UKPPC team prior to submission.
- Competitors must be fully visible throughout the routine.
- Videos must have sufficient lighting.
- Music must be recorded live; it must NOT be dubbed over the video.
- Videos must not require rotation for viewing.
- Clothing and footwear must conform to the same rules as for the Grand Final (please refer to the Grand Final Rules & Regulations)
- Any videos submitted that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted. If videos are deemed not to meet these criteria, competitors will be advised by email and given the opportunity to resubmit.
Video Heat Routine length
- Instructor – maximum routine length 4 minutes
- Professional – maximum routine length 4.5 minutes
- Elite – maximum routine length 5 minutes
Total video length should not be more than 20 seconds longer than the routine length.